Monday, February 1, 2010

Project of the Month: January

Yes, I’m a day late.  What are you going to do?  Take away my birthday and send me to sea?  Been there, done that… better find something more ominous.

I may well end up going back to this:POMJan

The idea:  Take any shot that’s been haunting me as “properly visualized, but not accurately executed” and try to make it right. 

Cripes, this is going to be an uphill battle.  I’ve messed with this one for weeks and the further I get from the day I shot it, the hazier my notion of “right” becomes.

Black Lake, Ilwaco, Washington.  Shot 10/4/2009.  ISO 100, 1/800, f/8, 105mm Sigma

2 comments:

Seraffyn said...

I like this a lot. What aren't you happy with?

NWWanderer said...

Not unhappy. Just wondering if I could do something to make me happier with it.

I recall there being more "there" there, especially in terms of layers of gray.